Baby car seat is an important accessory which should be purchased by the parents after birth of their child. It provides safety and comfort to the infants and children while traveling in car. But parents are often confused of which baby car seat is the best?.
Today we discuss three baby car seats and their features viz- Evenflo Symphony DLX All-in-One Car Seat, Maxi-Cosa Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat, and UPPAbaby Mesa Infant Car Seat.
Some of the most important features, pros and cons of the infant car seats are as follows:
- Easy installation process with the Sure LATCH self-ratcheting straps.
- Three modes- front-facing, rear-facing, and harnessed booster- for greater versatility.
- Use of high-quality fabrics for comfort.
- Machine washable for added convenience.
- Cupholder for convenience during travel.
- Easily adjustable headrest and recline angles.
- Can accommodate children up to 110lbs.
- Proven track record of protecting children in real-life crash situations.
|It is a highly versatile car seat and offers in three modes- front-facing, rear-facing, and harnessed booster||The car seat is little bulky|
|It can accommodate children up to 110lbs||Children may outgrow the height specifications before reaching the 110lbs weight limit.|
|It offers multiple recline positions in each mode for added comfort||Front passenger will have cramped legroom when using the rear-facing mode.|
|The car seat is machine washable.|
|It comes with a cupholder|
|It is FAA certified for use on airplanes with the harness|
- Comes with front-facing and rear-facing modes.
- Use of patented advanced air cushion system for added safety
- Easily adjustable harness and headrest for convenience and safety
- Use of harness holders makes putting the children in and getting them out easy.
- Completely machine washable.
- Integrated cupholder for placing snacks and sippers.
- Easy installation due to LATCH feature.
- Soft and cushioned seat for baby’s comfort and safety.
|Comes with a patented advanced air cushion system which provides additional safety near the head of the infant during side impact||It is a bit difficult to convert between rear-facing and front-facing modes|
|Provides both front-facing and rear-facing modes||Rear-facing mode restricts older children to stretch their legs|
|It has harness holders which makes getting the infant in and out of the seat convenient||Not suitable for newborns|
|The car seat parts are removable and machine washable|
|It comes with integrated cup holder|
|It has a deeper recline for comfort to the infant|
|It comes with LATCH system for easy installation|
- Easy installation due to LATCH connectors.
- Only car seat with tightness indicator.
- Uses merino wool which provides comfort and is also fire-resistant.
- Comes with no re-thread 5-point harness for convenience.
- Moisture repellant material keeps the children comfortable.
- Extra side impact resistance for safety.
- Very stylish and elegant design.
|The infant car seat is very well designed with sleek lines and smooth curved base which will not damage the car’s upholstery||The canopy is not weatherproof and it can develop stains when exposed to rain|
|The baby car seat comes with the unique tightness indicator and self-retracting LATCH connector which result in quick and accurate installation||The car seat is bulky|
|It uses Merino wool and does not use fire retardant chemicals||It is costlier compared to other similar product in this category|
|It comes with adjustable headrest with added padding which provides comfort to the infant|
|It uses breathable and moisture wicking materials which keeps the baby cool and provides added comfort|
|The car seat can be used for infants weighing from 4lbs to 35lbs and uses a 5-point harness for additional safety of infants|
Some of the key considerations for which baby car seat is the best are provided below:
Know Local Regulations
It is important to know the local regulations before buying a baby car seat. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends rear-facing seats for babies at least up to 2 years. The car seat which complies with the local regulations should be purchased.
Decide on Seat Type
There are different types of baby car seat types like rear-facing, convertible seats, all-in-one seats. Each of these are used in different situations. A rear-facing seat is used only for toddlers up to 2 years of age. Convertible seats can be used as rear-facing for small children and then converts to front-facing for growing children. All-in-one are like convertible seats and also feature booster seat for grown-up children. Customers should purchase the seats which meets their requirements.
Baby car seat should confirm with the customer’s lifestyle. If they travel frequently, they would want a light-weight and detachable baby car seat which can be attached to other vehicles. If the customers take frequent walks and jogs, they may want a car seat which fits perfectly with a stroller.
Know the Budget
Baby car seats come in different sizes, specifications,and budgets. They can go up to $500. So, the customers should consider their budget and make the purchase.
Child Size and Comfort
The baby car seat should be comfortable for children and they should fit into it properly. Customers should always check the baby size and the comfort before buying the car seat.
Our reviews of which baby car seat is the best will enable you to choose the best one for your cute baby.
Of the three baby car seats discussed here, the Maxi-Cosa Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat perfectly matches the feature and the cost. It provides patented advanced air cushion system which ensures excellent infant safety. Compared to the other two car seats, it offers the most value for money.